Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nana hits back at Tanushree!

Nana still not fully recovered from the foot injury that he obtained on the sets of Horn Ok Please,seems to have got himself into a very uncomfortable situation here."Bachchi kya bol rahi hai?" he asks in his characteristically convivial tone. "If she had any complaints she should've said so on the sets, no?"

Nana admits he was taking more than a passing interest in the item song. "I'm the leading man of the film. Mera haq banta hai. I think after more than 35 years in the industry I've earned the right to make suggestions.If that's seen as interference, so be it. I won't stop being passionate about my work just because it's seen as interference.

Why only this bachchi, during Welcome I was exchanging ideas with Anil Kapoor who's a lot more senior and nearer to my age.And as far as interfering with the choreography is concerned you know how good I'm with my dancing. With two left feet, one foot injured, I don't think I can be accused of giving dance tips,"he laughs heartily.

When gently told about Tanushree's touch-feely accusations Nana grows pensive….and pained. "It was a very crowded set where we were shooting. And the entrance door was very narrow. Maybe she got pushed around a bit. Hota hai. In all these years no one has ever accused me of unbecoming behaviour. I've worked with the best of them."

Taking a deep breath Nana says, "Mera kya hai, Subhash. I'm 58. I don't have time for all this silliness. I still have lots to do. The day I stop being passionate about acting I'll do something else."He says he had no idea of what happened on the sets on Thursday. "I came to the sets as usual, kept waiting for hours. When nothing happened, I left. As simple as that. I don't like to complicate my life unnecessarily."

As for his foot injury, 'It'll take time another couple of months to be fully repaired. But when my dancing isn't a problem to me—though it seems to be a problem for others—why should I have a problem walking?"

No comments: